Our team of legal partners in Greece specialise in Property and Real Estate law. Our combined an understanding and expertise in property law with local knowledge in individual regions and jurisdictions to advise local and international clients across all aspects of commercial residential and industrial real estate and property law.
Our partner real estate and property lawyers and attorneys in Greece have a combined 25 years experience advising international clients on property related matters. With experience spanning from major acquisitions of large commercial and industrial assets worth over $100M to assisting overseas and locally based individuals to purchase residential homes, we have the expertise and capabilities to help you manage and mitigate any risks and navigate the relevant legal complexities.
Our lawyer and attorney partners can assist you with:
- Property sales and purchases
- Off the plan purchases
- Sale of assets
- Leasing of commercial and residential real estate
- Advising on debt financing and capital raising for real estate
- Advising on estate tax planning
- Developing joint venture agreements.
Legal Advice for Major Real Estate Projects in Greece
Our partner lawyers and attorneys are experienced in advising on major projects which are inherently more complex. They will coordinate the appointment of other professional services such as civil and structural engineers and monitor the process from start to finish.
They will also work with your accountants in managing each stage of the project from property identification, due diligence, acquisition, entity establishment, property registration, signing leases, sales agreements and financing.
Recent real estate law experience for clients:
- Acquisitions and disposals of commercial assets including commercial and warehouse buildings across Greece.
- Conducting research and due diligence on properties including with regulatory bodies (City Planning Authorities, land Registries, title deed verification etc).
- Leading negotiations for our clients to finalise critical transaction terms.
- Managing the settlement process including coordinating settlement and liaising with banks and financiers.
- Representing clients in disputes and litigation related to property and real estate.
- Advising on tax related matters with respect to property acquisition and disposal.
- Arranging residence permits for the acquisition of property over 250,000 EURO with respect to the Golden Visa program.
- Advising on hotel transactions including advising major super funds and other fund managers on the acquisition and disposal process.
Our experience advising on projects across Greece
Athens Real Estate Legal Service
Our local Athens partner lawyers and attorneys understand the Athens regulatory landscape. This includes having experience dealing with local Athens municipalities as well as advising on property transactions for newly built off the plan properties in Athens as well as older commercial and residential properties (often used for short term letting).
The legal service in Athens extends to industrial properties often located in the greater Attica area as well as in Piraeus.
Thessaloniki Real Estate Legal Service
Our Thessaloniki partner lawyers and attorneys know and understanding the Thessaloniki market. In particular, they are experienced in the acquisition and disposal of hotel assets as well as industrial and residential assets. This legal service extends across the entire Macedonia region.
Real Estate and Property Lawyer in Crete
Crete has seen significant growth and investment over the past thirty years particularly with respect to the tourism and hospitality industry. As a result, there has been substantial investment in real estate and commercial assets, as well as agriculture. Our Crete based partner lawyers and attorneys are experienced in advising on real estate law in Crete.
Real Estate and Property Lawyer across the rest of Greece
Our legal partners are located and/or can advise on real estate matters across Greece including in Patras, Alexandroupoli (which has seen significant investment from America), Larissa, the Aegean (Mykonos, Syros, Santorini, Naxos, Paros and others) as well as the Ionian (Cephalonia and Zakynthos) and Sporades islands.
Contact our team today to gain a greater understanding of how we can assist with your legal needs.